I have started looking for possible locations and dates for our Xen Summit North America 2010 event and have an option for your consideration. I have added my thoughts after presenting the basic information.
Dates: Week of March 13th
Location: Pittsburgh, PA (Sheraton Station Square)
Event: ACM ASPLOS XV Conference (http://www.ece.cmu.edu/CALCM/asplos10/doku.php) / VEE [March 17-19] (http://www.veeconference.org/)
• I like the idea of co-locating the Xen Summit with the VEE event
• Costs – anytime we co-locate our event we can save budget costs
• Location – Pittsburgh is not an International friendly airport ; would require an additional flight within US for European and Asian attendees
• Dates – We would need to host our event after VEE (20-21) which is a Saturday-Sunday which I am not a fan of or before VEE (15-16) but am not sure that is an option for us
• Attendee – I don’t know of any Xen developers in the Pittsburgh area so this would require EVERYONE to need a hotel
So, what are your thoughts? I am still looking for other dates/locations/etc and am open to all suggestions.