Welcome to the new Xen.org weekly newsletter with a variety of information to keep you updated on all things Xen. This newsletter is an upgrade from my previous weekly communications and is meant to offer a broader scope of Xen.org activities. Please feel free to contact me with suggestions for the newsletter at email@example.com.
* Xen.org Mascot – Final Survey Results (http://blog.xenproject.org/index.php/2010/01/14/xen-org-mascot-final-survey-results/) – Thanks to the 76 voters who responded to the survey request with an overwhelming majority asking for the creation of a Xen.org mascot [62 YES (81%) and 14 NO (18%]. I have now opened up a 2 week submission window for people to submit their ideas via the Blog comment or email to myself. All submissions can be descriptions at this time and will be included in a community vote in early February.
* Xen Users Commonly Asked Questions Guide – This support document is updated with December 2009 questions and continues to be an excellent resource for Xen users. The document is available at http://www.xen.org/files/Support/XenUsersCommonlyAskedQuestions.pdf.
* Summer Internship – The Citrix Xen team in Cambridge, UK is looking for summer interns to work on open source Xen projects. Complete information available at http://blog.xenproject.org/index.php/2010/01/12/citrix-summer-internship-in-cambridge-uk-to-work-on-xen/
* The Xen.org community is hosting a booth at SCALE 2010 in LA from Feb 19-21, 2010. If you are interested in assisting at the booth (and showing your Xen related solution) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
* Xen Summit North America is scheduled for April 21-22, 2010 in Sunnyvale, CA at AMD’s facility. Event planning is underway so stay tuned for speaking and program committee announcements.
* Xen 4.0.0 Release Candidate 1 Available for testing – http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg
* Xen 3.4.3 Release Candidate 1 Available for testing – http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.4-testing.hg
* All development authors of a 4.0 feature should submit information on that feature to Stephen Spector so a new Xen Datasheet can be created along with blog postings on the new product.
Xen Members in Action
* Xen Around the World Project – We currently have 74 locations on our Google Map which has been viewed 63,467 times; check out the project at http://www.xen.org/community/projects.html#Misc
* Thanks to Igor Wawrzyniak, Boris Quiroz, Ben, Zhang Hu, Alex Vermulst, Valentin Höbel, and Yoshida Yusuke for their work on translating the Xen.org Overview Slideset to Polish, Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, German, and Japanese. If you can contribute your time to translate to another language please contact Stephen Spector.
* 55 community members assisted each other on xen-users this week & 65 community members worked together on xen-devel
* 68 patches submitted on xen-devel and 37 patches submitted on xen-api
Xen Weekly Statistics
* Project Golden Ratio (http://blog.xenproject.org/index.php/2009/12/10/project-golden-ratio-update/) is underway with various items being tracked. I will highlight different numbers in the newsletter with full reports to the community on a monthly and quarterly basis.
* Xen.org Website Stats from Jan 8 – 14
- 5,950 people visited the Xen.org Downloads Page
- 397 downloads of new “Hypervisor Type Comparison Document”
The complete newsletter with all data including the summary of all xen-users/xen-devel/xen-api mailing lists can be found at http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenUpdate20100115.