Thomas Pfeuffer has questions about the csched_acct() function and the formulas used to determine the credit_fair value. Tim Deegan and George Dunlap respond with comments on the integer division rounding up instead of down. Heiko Wundram also responds with more details on the rounding up issue.
Ruslan Nikolaev asks about invoking a hypercall from HVM domain. What is the correct method? Juergen Gross responds with the exact steps required to make the hypercall from HVM domain. Jeremy Fitzhardinge responds that there is new code to implement pv-on-hvm for newer pvos kernels which can also be used.
I have just published a new mini-White Paper- Why Xen? to the Xen.org website. Please take a look and let me know of any changes you would like to see. There are always room for improvements so let me know what you would like added or changed. I anticipate putting out more information on the Xen hypervisor and why customers should choose it over the next few weeks in a variety of formats: presentations, brochures, etc.
Welcome to the Xen.org weekly newsletter with a variety of information to keep you updated on all things Xen. Please feel free to contact me with suggestions for the newsletter.
Xen Members in Action
- Xen.org Mailing Lists SuperStars – Gianni Tedesco, Ian Campbell, Olaf Hering, George Shuklin
- Welcome to some new members to mailing lists – Mingming Zheng, Sisu Xi, Idan Shinberg
Xen Weekly Stats
- Mailing Lists Stats: Xen-Devel (77 Patches, 36 Questions,330 Responses) ; Xen-Users (35 Questions, 72 Responses); Xen-api (6 Patches)
- July Project Golden Ratio data to be posted early next week
The complete newsletter with all data including the summary of all xen-users/xen-devel/xen-api mailing lists can be found at http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenUpdate20100730
Great news for Xen.org from Oracle – http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/161333.
- Oracle today announced Dell and HP will certify and resell Oracle Solaris, Oracle Enterprise Linux and Oracle VM on their respective x86 platforms.
- Customers will have full access to Oracle’s Premier Support for Oracle Solaris, Oracle Enterprise Linux and Oracle VM running on Dell and HP servers. This will enable fast and accurate issue resolution and reduced risk in a company’s operating environment.
- Customers who subscribe to Oracle Premier Support will benefit from Oracle’s continuing investment in Oracle Solaris, Oracle Enterprise Linux and Oracle VM and the resulting innovation in future updates.
Rest of article via link
For those of you in the LA area, why not attend the first Xen User group meeting hosted by BitSource and Xen.og with Jeremy Fitzhardinge of the Xen community being the featured speaker. Information on the meeting is at http://www.meetup.com/Xen-User-Group-Los-Angeles.
PS – Attendees will get the first Xen shirt with the Xen Panda so attendance has its privileges.