Program Management Committee:
I wanted to also take the opportunity to introduce this year’s Program Management Committee.
- Boris Quiroz, Senior SysAdmin, Xen fan and evangelist since 2006. Currently trying to put Xen and Cloud Computing to the serve of online banking in Chile. His interests includes: Linux and Xen sysadmin, cloud computing and playing Xbox360.
- Dan Magenheimer has been hacking on Xen since 2004 and completed the first port of Xen to another architecture (Itanium). His current interest is physical memory utilization, both in Xen and in Linux, e.g. Transcendent Memory (aka “tmem”).
- Eddie Dong has been working on Xen Hardware Virtual Machine and performance tuning since 2004. His latest focus is Xen SR-IOV and nested virtualization support.
- Jose Renato Santos is a principal research scientist at HP Labs, where he is currently a member of the Intelligent Infrastructure Lab. He was a key contributor to the development of XenOprofile, which enables system wide performance profiling in Xen using hardware performance counters and contributed to performance analysis and improvements of Xen network para-virtualized drivers.
- Pasi Kärkkäinen has been using Linux since 1994 and Xen since 2003. Pasi has been contributing documentation (wiki additions/fixes) and tutorials for xen.org, and also testing efforts of new hypervisor releases and pvops Linux kernels. You can find Pasi active on various Xen related mailinglists.
- Stephen Spector is currently the OpenStack community manager and previously held the Xen.org community manager position.
There will also be a representative from each sponsor: Amazon Web Services and Citrix.