Key deadlines are at your doorstep; Sign up now to participate!
With so many people returning from well-earned vacations, we want to remind you to act quickly to take advantage of the upcoming Summit meetings.
Xen Project User Summit is Less Than Two Weeks Away!
Register now to join the first large-scale gathering of Xen Users on September 18 in New Orleans!
Never before have we had the opportunity to bring together a large group of Xen users to discuss topics specifically oriented toward users.Â This is a ground-breaking event and you are invited!Â Just take a look at the talks scheduled:
- Xen: This is not your Dadâ€™s hypervisor! by Demetrious Coulis of CA Technologies
- Xen for Beginners by Bryan Smith of Tacit Labs, Inc.
- Xen, XenServer,Â and XAPI: Whatâ€™sÂ the Difference? by James Bulpin and Russell Pavlicek of Citrix Systems
- ARM Servers and Xen â€“ Hyypervisor support at Hyperscale by Larry Wikelius of Calxeda
- Bringing Xen Dom0 to CentOS-6 by Karanbir Singh of the CentOS Project
- Free yourself from the tyranny of your cloud provider! by Greg Kroah-Hartman of the Linux Foundation
- Xen Orchestra (XAPI and XenServer from the web) by Olivier Lambert of Vates
- Network Multi-tenancy in Xen-based Clouds by Chiradeep Vittal of Citrix Systems
- Building the Rackspace Open Cloud with XenServer and OpenStack by Paul Voccio of Rackspace
- Coalfire Systemsâ€™ Navis Lighthouse Gen 2 Security Audit Appliance by Grant McWilliams of Coalfire Systems
- Ceph, Xen, and CloudStack: Semper Melior by Patrick McGarry of Inktank
Where else can you hear notable speakers like Greg Kroah-Hartman for just $20?Â Even if you are not attending LinuxCon or CloudOpen (co-located with the User Summit), it is worth the trip just to get this information.
If you happen to be a developer, join us to get some first-hand feedback from your users.Â It’s a rare opportunity to find this many Xen users from different backgrounds in one place.Â Here is your opportunity to mingle with users, gain insight into how they are using the software, and maybe help a person or two in the process.
More information about the Xen Project User Summit.
Xen Project Developer Summit Timeline
We already had lots of submissions for the Xen Project Developer Summit: if you have not yet submitted, remember that the CfP closes today!. I also wanted to thank this year’s Program Management Committee for helping to chose the program. Committe member are: Jan Beulich (SUSE), George Dunlap (Citrix), Sarah Newman (prgmr.com), Stefano Stabellini (Citrix) and Will Auld (Intel). It is already clear that we will have a fantastic line-up!
What happens next?
- The CfP closes today
- We intent to publish schedule highlights by next Friday, the 13th of September. Speakers will be notified on whether their talks have been accepted by then.
- We intent to publish the final schedule before September 20th.
Note that you can already register for the event and that information on accommodation, visas, etc. is available through the event website.
More information about the Xen Project Developer Summit.