After several days offline, the Xen Project blog has returned!
Our blog had been subjected to malicious activities, so we had to take it down and remedy the situation. We’re back now, and although there are a few minor issues to address, we are ready to move forward.
A few things you may notice:
- The appearance: We are using a different theme for the time being. It doesn’t have the look of the rest of our site, but we will take care of that before too long. In the meantime, we ask fr your patience while we work to put things in order.
- The user accounts: For security reasons, we had to make sure that no unauthorized users have administrative access. As a result, we only moved over the accounts of people who have written blogs. So, to login, you will need to do one of the following:
- If you wrote a blog, you will need to use the “I lost my password” system to set your password.
- If you did not write a blog, you will need to create a new account.
- The comments: We had to remove the existing comments because of the damage which was done. Older blog entries have their comments locked, but new blog entries will allow comments going forward.
- Tags and Categories: We had to reset these as well. For now, please use the search function to find older posts.
There are also some differences (like the login area is in the lower right panel of the front page) which will take some adjustment, but we believe the key functionality is intact. If you believe something is missing or lacking, please let a comment below or send me email.