I am pleased to announce the release of Xen 4.5.1. We recommend that all users of the 4.5 stable series update to this first point release.
Xen 4.5.1 is available immediately from its git repository:
or from the Xen Project download page at www.xenproject.org/downloads/xen-archives/xen-45-series/xen-451.html.
This release contains many bug fixes and improvements. For example:
- Removal of race conditions in the Xen default toolstack that affected libvirt, in particular when used with OpenStack (this release contains all changes that we use in the Xen Project OpenStack CI loop; also see related OpenStack news);
- Stability improvements to CPUPOOL handling, in particular when used with different schedulers;
- Stability improvements to EFI support on some x86 platforms;
- Stability improvement to handling of nested virtualisation on x86;
- Various improvements to 32 and 64 bit ARM support;
- Various improvements to better integrate and support rump kernels;
- Error handling improvements; and
- Security fixes since the release of Xen 4.5.0,
For a complete list of changes in this release, please check lists of changes on the download page.