January Features Major Xen Project Activities at Two of the Biggest FOSS Conferences of the Year!
The Xen Project is starting 2016 on a high note by sponsoring major events at both the largest community-run FOSS conference in North America (SCALE) and the world (FOSDEM). In addition to a flurry of technical talks in the main program of each conference, Xen Project is organizing additional co-located events.
Unikernels and More: Cloud Innovators Forum (CIF16) Comes to Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE)
Xen Project is proud to announce the worldâ€™s most wide-ranging Unikernel user event ever held! We have a full day of talks which cover everything from the basics of Unikernels to building Unikernels to reworking the cloud to adapt to the realities of Unikernels. We have speakers from some of the biggest research companies (like IBM, NEC, and Ericsson) as well as some of the most leading edge organizations. Just take a look at the talk lineup:
- Unikernels: The Past, the Present, the Future, Russell Pavlicek, Xen Project Evangelist
- Knock, Knock: Unikernels Calling!, Richard Mortier, Cambridge University
- Running Go on Rumprun, Ian Eyberg, DeferPanic Founder
- Solo5: Building a Unikernel Base From Scratch, Dan Williams, IBM
- Tor in Haskell, or How To Write Programs For Unikernels, Adam Wick, Galois Inc
- Rethinking Foundations for Zero-devops Clouds, Maxim Kharchenko, Cloudozer CTO
- Unikernels, Meet Docker! Containing Unikernels, Richard Mortier & Anil Madhavapeddy, MirageOS
- Building the Superfluid Cloud with Unikernels, Simon Kuenzer, NEC Europe
- Unikernels Meet NFVs: Architecture, Performance and Challenges, Wassim Haddad, Heikki Mahkonen, & Ravi Manghirmalani, Ericsson
- Unikernel.org, Amir Chaudhry, Unikernel Systems
- The Latest From Xen Project, Lars Kurth, Chairman of Xen Project Advisory Board
To join us, simply register at the SCALE 14x website.
And all this is in addition to a couple Xen Project talks in the SCALE program itself:
- The Bare-Metal Hypervisor as a Platform for Innovation, and
- Are Todayâ€™s FOSS Security Practices Robust Enough in the Cloud Era?
Xen Project talks at FOSDEM
As in past years, the Xen Project will have a booth and demos at FOSDEM and is well represented at FOSDEM Devrooms.
- Xen Project Security Response War Stories : War stories from the Xen Project security response process, George Dunlap, Citrix
- FreeBSD/Xen update : News from FreeBSD and Xen, Roger Pau MonnÃ© & Wei Liu, Citrix
- Scheduling in The Age of Virtualization : General Thoughts and a Case Study, Dario Faggioli, Citrix
- Enhance protection from security bugs in the Xen hypervisor : Introducing a deprivileged execution mode for device emulators in the hypervisor, Anthony Perard, Citrix
- QEMU for Xen secure by default : Deprivileging the PC system emulator, Stefano Stabellini & Ian Jackson, Citrix
To join us, simply attend FOSDEM (no registration required) and enjoy the talks.